Redskins Touch Club was an inaugural Member of the Townsville Touch Competition that started 45 years ago, and remains an active force within the Competition today. The competition has grown and merged, becoming the Townsville Touch Association, as Touch football has grown in popularity.
In recent times Redskins Touch Club has become the most successful club in the district with impressive success on and off the playing field.
While Redskins players excel at the Club level, they also excel individually. The success of the Club reaches further afield than local level, with many members achieving representative honours as players, coaches and officials. This is indicative of the high standard of effort and application to the task at hand our members have ingrained into their make up.
We currently have 180 senior members in the Winter Competition from these numbers we boast a representative list, which includes
- Local and North Queensland
- National Touch league
- Queensland School and Open Competition
- National Elite Eight
- Australian Team representation
The Redskins Touch Club focuses on the development of the family unit and holds the development of our Junior as the foundations for the future. Due to the support and mentoring of our Senior members many of our Juniors have developed a strong sense of Club Spirit and Loyalty as they have had their talents exposed and developed as they progress through the ranks into the Senior divisions.
Our commitment to the local school competition is second to no other, with our long term involvement in the development and support in the Local school system by way of sponsoring coaches and/or uniforms of Kirwan High, Ignatius Park, William Ross High, St Patrick’s the Strand and Margaret Mary’s and Cathedral School.
As a direct result of the assistance Redskins has supplied the majority of these schools have been able to attend "QLD All Schools" in Brisbane for over 10 years. Ignatius Park is the current premium School of last year’s tournament as they won both the men’s divisions.
The Aim of Redskins over the next period is to
- Make Touch readily accessible to the outer Townsville suburbs
- Continue our commitment to identifying and developing Local Junior Talent
- Ensure that we offer Leadership, direction and positive role models for the youth of the district.
- Encourage the current members to improve themselves by assisting to develop others.
- Maintain skilled and dedicated members to enable a progression to the future expansion of the Sport in the Area.
- Secure sufficient Sponsorship to enable these plans to come to fruition.